- For hems 1/4 to 4 inch on a straight edge and 1/4 to 2-1/2 inch on a curved edge
- To turn and press edges on pockets, pattern alterations, belt and waistbands
- To turn and press edges before stitching patches and appliques in place
- Use with a steam iron. Always test fabric sample for proper heat and moisture.
- Protect fabrics that water spot with a Dritz Press Cloth.
- Press all hems from the fold up. This eliminates ridge marks on the right side of the fabric.
CAUTION: Ezy-Hem® may be hot while pressing. Attach a quilter’s ruler handle to gauge for easy handling.
- Turn up fabric along hem line, insert Ezy-Hem® Gauge and press.
- Move gauge along hem line and continue pressing.
- To ease hems, stitch 1/4 inch from raw edge, using a basting stitch.
- Turn up fabric along hem line, insert Ezy-Hem® Gauge. Using a pin, pull up stitches every few inches until hem lies flat; press.