Metal Edge Trim: Style D - Curved
I've designed these particular front flap trim pieces to be used specifically with thinner materials and quilting cottons. They can still be used with thinner leather and vinyl, not a worry - but we've created these to only have a 1/8" (3 mm) channel so your fabric will fit in and not be loose like in the wider channels - AND we've done them all with screw holes in the back to secure them on tightly. - Janelle
- Simply trace the metal trim onto your paper pattern piece first, and then ADD your seam allowance on second by measuring with a ruler. This way, you will have the perfect shape and a nice fit.
- Interfacing and stabilizer is recommended in your front flap piece.
- After your front flap is complete and turned right side out, check your trim piece for fit, adjust if necessary, and topstitch if desired.
- Slide the metal bar on again and screw in place - do not pre-cut holes for screws, but put them right through the fabric.
- You may want to use clear, fast-grab glue in the channel to secure. You may need a small flat screw driver to press fabric into the channel if it's tight.
- Overall Width: 5 3/4" (14.5 cm) x Depth at Center: 3/4" (20 mm)
- Channel: 1/8" (3 mm)