Paper Pattern - The Double Flip Shoulder Bag
The Double Flip Shoulder Bag features 2 full-length zipper pockets that form the front and back sides of the exterior bag. These pockets flip over to the front to conceal a hidden pocket underneath. Between the 2 zippered sides, is the center cavity of the bag that features both a slip pocket and an internal zipper pocket.
Finish the bag with a shoulder strap attached with our Emmaline Brand Edge Connectors! It’s recommended that you use quilting cotton weight fabric for the Exterior Fabric, and quilting cotton weight fabric, vinyl, heavy fabric or cork fabric for Exterior Accent Fabric.
- Width- across top: 13” (33 cm), at base: 12” (30.5 cm)
- Height- 10” (25.4 cm)
- Depth- 3.25” (8.25 cm)
This pattern suits an experienced intermediate to advanced bag maker.
The pattern includes colour digital drawings and full size pattern pieces that include seam allowances for pattern pieces that are not simple rectangles. Cutting instructions are provided for you to use a rotary cutter, ruler and mat to cut rectangular pieces. Pattern instructions are in both imperial and metric measurements.
Yardages are approximate and based on 44” (112 cm) fabric. Less fabric will be required for wider widths of fabric.
Fabric & Interfacing:
- 3/4 yd./0.75 m - Exterior Fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, décor cotton)
- 1/2 yd./0.5 m - Exterior Accent Fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, décor cotton, light jean, cork, vinyl)
- 1 1/8 yd./1 m - Lining Fabric (quilting cotton or similar weight woven fabric)
- 4 yd./3.75 m - Fusible Interfacing (20” wide)- Light-med weight fusible woven - Pellon Shapeflex SF101
- ½ yd./0.5 m - Fusible Fleece (46” wide)- Dense needled fleece such as Pellon Thermolam Plus Fusible TP971